- The fonts are crisper than in Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- I like the progress meter built into the URL field.
- Crashed three times so far.
- Some links open a new window when I want them to open in a new tab. You have to hold down the Control key to force tabs.
- Page-up and page-down keys do not work in some places, Google Reader, Google Calendar.
- The version update link in the Help/About dialog box in Google Earth opens Safari to your default home page instead of the download link for Google Earth.
- The jury is still on having to go to the bottom right hand corner of the browser and click it to resize the browser window.
- Scrolling doesn't work with my TrackPoint middle mouse button.
- Does not launch Java Web Start applications.
- F11 for full screen not supported.
- When composing a Gmail it does auto-wrap your text. It scrolls to right as you type on a single line.
- Safari is not supported by Google Docs.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Safari Browser for Windows
I've been using Safari for Windows version 3.0.1 since Saturday June 16, 2007. Here are my observations.